Real Estate Transactions
Whether you are buying your forever home or selling the home in which you have created 40 years of family memories, we can assist you with the process. When you hire us, you will work directly with our attorneys not our support staff. Together, we help you navigate the process and make the right decisions to give you confidence in your transaction. Our firm charges a flat fee to represent you.
New Home Purchase
If you are buying a new home our flat fee includes:
- Reviewing your agency agreement to protect you;
- Drafting offers to purchase, reviewing, and drafting counter offers;
- Providing legal advice regarding the terms of the offer;
- Working with you through your home inspection process;
- Working with your lender through any financing contingencies;
- Ensuring that the requirements for the issuance of the title policy are met;
- Ensuring that any liens affecting the property and identified in the title policy are fully satisfied at closing;
- Reviewing all of the closing documents; deed, settlement statement and making sure that they reflect the terms of the offer;
- Ensuring that tax prorations or credits from the Seller are accurate; and
- Attending the closing and representing you with legal advice and counsel at the closing table.
Selling Your Home
If you are selling your home our flat fee includes:
- If you are working with a listing agent, we will review your listing agreement to protect you;
- Reviewing the offers you receive, drafting counter offers, and providing legal advice regarding the terms of the offer;
- Discussing the closing costs relating to the sale of your property;
- Working directly with the lender to make sure that buyer’s financing is on track;
- Working with you through the inspection contingency and providing you with legal opinions on your rights including identifying which property conditions meet the legal definition of defects;
- Ordering the title insurance;
- Assisting in curing any title objections identified by your buyer;
- Scheduling the closing;
- Reviewing the master statement and making sure that it reflects the terms of the offer;
- Ensuring that tax prorations or credits are accurate; and
- Attending the closing and representing you with legal advice and counsel during the closing.
Attorney for Illinois Real Estate Transactions
AuBuchon & Pennuto Law, LLC:
Full-Service Attorney for Illinois Real Estate Transactions
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Fields marked with an * are required
Disclaimer: While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the provided form.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
Lenita and Melissa have helped me so much through the years. I don’t know what I would have done without them. They continue to help me and support me in many ways and I look forward to working with them for years to come. They are The Best! I can’t say enough good things about them and would highly recommend them.
Melissa works hard, communicates well, and always has the best interest of her clients! She’s extremely knowledgeable and will do what it takes to help them feel involved and informed throughout the transaction/process. I highly recommend AuBuchon & Pennuto Law, LLC!
Absolutely outstanding service!! Melissa and Lenita go above and beyond for each of their clients to ensure everything they need AND MORE is taken care of! Extraordinary care and attention to detail, they make everything easy to understand and organize so you and your loved ones have peace of mind in your legal endeavors. I wouldn’t trust anyone more with my life’s assets than them!
Kallan Gutierrez Napierkowski
I worked with Melissa Pennuto as we were selling our home in Schaumburg. Melissa is absolutely incredible. She is incredibly professional and was always available for any questions we had. I always felt taken care of with Melissa. She is extremely knowledgeable and made me feel so confident in selling our home. If I can give more then 5 stars I would! I would highly recommend AuBuchon & Pennuto Law to everybody! Thank you Melissa, you helped my family navigate our real estate transaction with ease! I will spread the word on how amazing Melissa and the law office is!
My husband and I worked with Lenita AuBuchon on our will. The process was smooth and efficient. Lenita was there to answer any questions we had. Office location is convenient, as well as zoom calls in the time of Covid. Would definitely recommend!
Our experience with estate planning couldn’t have been much easier. We were able to meet with Melissa virtually twice, exchange multiple emails, and then complete the signing in person. Melissa was patient with my 59,402,085 questions, and I feel so relieved about having our planning complete!
An extremely kind, caring and professional team. The helped my parents with the process of establishing their trust and getting their affairs in order. They were wonderful with ensuring everything was current; quickly answering any questions or concerns that came up. When my mother recently passed Lenita guided me through the process of closing out the estate with professionalism and compassion, easing what was an emotionally challenging time. And now, Lenita and the team at AuBuchon & Pennuto Law are helping me with my affairs. I am thrilled and confident with the service I’ve received.
We couldn’t be more pleased with the services we have received. After disappointing experiences with other attorneys, we have been blessed with the assistance we have had from Melissa Pennuto and staff. Her level of communication and professionalism is exceptional.